Registering for GST or the Goods and Service Tax is a completely online process.
Eligibility- your annual turnover as a dealer should be more than Rs. 20 lakhs. For many states the amount is Rs. 10 lakhs to be eligible for registering for GST.
The stepwise guide for GST Registration:
- On the GST portal, click there is a bar reading Taxpayers (Normal). Click the Register Now under it.
- You will be led to Part A. Here click on New Registration. In the drop down menu of ‘I am click’ on Taxpayer. Duly fill the state, district, name of business, PAN of business, email id and mobile number. You will receive separate OTPs on the email id and mobile numbers. Then, click on Proceed.
- You need to enter the received OTP and click on continue.
- A temporary reference number will be received by you on your email and mobile. Note it down properly.
- Again, go to the GST portal and click on the tab which reads Register Now.
- Fill in the space with TRN number you received earlier. Enter the captcha code. Click on Proceed.
- You will again receive OTP by email and mobile numbers. Enter the One time password and click on the Tab reading Proceed.
- The status of your application will be witnessed to you as drafts. Now, you will be required to click on the button which reads edit.
- Now, you proceed to Part B, which has 10 categories. But, before filling in the details you will require photographs, proof of business place, the constitution of the taxpayer, details of bank account, authorization form to help in the process.
- Then, proceed to the verification page. Here click on the empty box of the declaration, a tick will be seen by you. You are then required to submit the application. You can pursue the submission by using DSC, e-sign or EVC.
- This is the last step of the process, wherein you will see a Success message. An Application Reference Number, ARN will also be sent to your registered email and mobile.
All you need to do now is to check the ARN status. For this, you simply need to enter the ARN is GST portal.
Verifying Fake GST bill:
It is actually inappropriate on your part to continue to give money in the name of GST to business owners or service provides which are fake or making you give inapt taxes. You need to be assured that no one is playing fraud with you. So, when you receive the bill, here is how you will be able to check whether the GST bill is fake or not.
- The shop or the business owner should be registered under the GST. For those that are not fake the bill will have the GSTIN number visible.
- Then, there is a GST link with which you will be able to verify if the GST number is fake or valid. Here is the link https://services.gst.gov.in/services/searchtp
- Always cross check with the rates of GST. There is the link portrayed by the Central Board of Excise and Customs which will help you pursue the needful https://cbec-gst.gov.in/gst-goods-services-rates.html
If perchance you find that the bill, the number or the rate is not valid make sure to complain about it. The mail id is: firstname.lastname@example.org or, you can call on numbers, 0120-4888999, 011-23370115.